We have had many debates with agile experts worldwide on this one. And we will share some insights here that cannot be disputed, no matter which one you prefer.
- Manual boards and stickies usually helps to get the team going during their first 3 sprints with Scrum. It is hard to learn a tool and a process.
- Manual boards provide no real-time data and is hard to administer if reports are required on enterprise level.
- Running both manual boards and electronic boards are possible, but creates administration overhead. Clearly defines the process around this.
- Manual boards do not work in distributed teams.
- Manual boards do not create a culture of collaboration. People do.